Sunday, April 7, 2013

Primal +wine


I am a few days in to my primal cooking journey. Adding to the challenge, I was keeping in mind what wine I would serve with the dish!  
For those unfamiliar with a primal diet - it's a whole foods approach to eating that eliminates modern processed foods and limits carbohydrate intake.  A spicy sausage dish caught my eye from Mark Sisson's Quick and Easy Cookbook. I decided to pair it with WineShops Frisch Gewürztraminer. While I'm not usually a fan of sweeter wines, I was hoping the spiciness from the meal would pair well with the wine.
- Spicy pork sausage cut bite sized wrapped in lightly steamed cabbage leaves, toothpick, dipped in grainy mustard
- Sautéed portobello mushrooms in olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes
- Carrots and celery in dip; spinach, parsley, mayo, lemon juice, scallions
The meal was delicious. The wine was well structured and sweet, yet paired well with the spiciness of the meal!  Yum!  Thanks to Nuno for the photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment